Nomination for Arezoo Moseni
The New York Public Library, Mid-Manhattan Library, The Art Collection
New York, New York
New York, NY
1. How long have you known the nominee and how did you come to know him or her?
I have know Arezoo moseni through the programs she has initiated for visual artists. I firsts met Arezoo three years ago when a friend presented a program on Artists as poets.
2. Please list a few ways in which the nominee has helped you and others and made your experience of the library a positive one.
Arezoo is always a great source of information articulate and inteligent in assisting you in finding what ever materials you might need.
3. How has the library, and the nominee, improved the quality of your life?
The Mid-Manhattan branch (the third floor) is a great resource and Arezoo was instrumental in organizing the materials in a more accessible way and making a point of including soft cover catalogues of more contemporary artists.
4. How does the nominee make the library a better place? Please be specific.
Arezoo organized the art on the walls program on the third floor . when you go to the third floor you can see the work of artists in the community. Aarezoo is also responsible for the windows exhibition on the street level as you enter the Mid-manhattan branch.
5. How has the librarian made a difference in the community?
Arezoo Moseni is an exceptional person with vision and generosity. Arezoo has originated several programs: art in the windows, art on the walls (on the third floor) and an on going series of live programs featuring contemporary artists in dialogue on relevant subjects. Arezoo has made a great contribution to the artists community in New York by providing not only the opportunity to exhibit their original work but to meet and engage the greater New York public in the ideas and concerns of the contemporary art scene.She has initiated the programs and directed them in all their detail on her own time her effort on behalf of the community is extraordinary.