Nomination for Arezoo Moseni
The New York Public Library, Mid-Manhattan Library, The Art Collection
New York, New York
1. How long have you known the nominee and how did you come to know him or her?
Four years ago when I inquired about her Art in the Windows program.
2. Please list a few ways in which the nominee has helped you and others and made your experience of the library a positive one.
-Educational lecture program which has really extended itself to the artist community
-Her very well complied handouts of artist resources available at the library
-She has a very open and enthusiastic approach to her subject and to every
-Really developed the art collection as an artist resource
-Extended the exhibition space to include Art on the Wall in addition to the
Art in the Windows
3. How has the library, and the nominee, improved the quality of your life?
Showing my work at the library was a crucial step in my growth as an artist.
Ms. Moseni encouragement and support through the installation process was
a validation of my work at a critical time in my career.
4. How does the nominee make the library a better place? Please be specific.
She truly values artists and their work. She is an advocate with increasing their abilities to be better artists, to show their work, to discuss art, and to better understand the business of art. She has created a great lecture series for and by artists. She has expanded the exhibition space at the library.
5. How has the librarian made a difference in the community?
Her library is a great resource center for the artist community. Through her public programs she has reached out and enriched the whole community. In particular those artists who have not had the opportunity or means to receive this kind of help through formal higher education. She identified a need and created a program at the library that is really wonderful and necessary.